Okay, so here we are, back again (finally) with a completely new stegfs! And when we say new, we mean totally rewritten! It's much better at not overwriting your existing files (although it can and will still happen) and it's a lot more customisable.
Warning! stegfs 2015.08 is not backwards compatible!
However, onto the good stuff:
- More bytes for data, less for metadata
- Choose your crypto at mkfs time (now using [libcrypt])
- File systems are no longer architecture dependant (score one for
network byte order!)
- There's no longer any need to prefix directories with +
- And hopefully the code generally all round better than before (having
been rewritten with a few more years experience, et cetera)
- stegfs is not (yet) multi-threaded—if you have a large
read/write, it will block—this is something we're looking at
working on soon
- As was mentioned above: it's not backwards compatible, but hopefully
it will be as we move forward